WALTHAMSTOW BUNNY™ @ COTTONTAILS’ ART TRAIL
Take a look at Walthamstow Bunny’s new neon sign, kindly sponsored by Your Move Estate Agents in Walthamstow:
WALTHAMSTOW BUNNY™ GOES TO NEW YORK!
Walthamstow Bunny posed in front of NYC’s best-loved landmarks for a new art exhibition.
WALTHAMSTOW BUNNY’S LITTLE GUIDE TO LIFE
Thanks to everyone who contributed to it! Here are the best entries:
Love where you live
- Keep Walthamstow tidy
- Reuse. Reduce. Recycle.
- Love your borough
- Love your park
- Plant a tree
- Bring back front gardens!
- Get walking in Walthamstow
- Shop local
Respect yourself – and others
- Keep smiling
- Happiness is best shared
- See beauty in everyday things
- Enjoy the sunshine
- Make the most of each day
- Be content
- Speak softly
- Be kind
- Say “Please” and “Thank you”
- Forgive others’ mistakes
- Lend a helping hand
- Be yourself!
- Enjoy your independence
- It’s good to be different
- All the colours of the rainbow
- All shapes and sizes
- Do the things that make you happy
- Be good to yourself
- Don’t dwell too much on the past
- One day at a time
- Think positive
- Have fun!
- Sometimes we all need a little help
- Speak out about bullying
- Learn to say no
- Drink water
- Eat more veggies
- Eat less meat
- Eat well
- Enjoy your food
- Avoid sugar
- Take pride in your personal appearance
- Get your beauty sleep
- Enjoy life’s little pleasures
- Have breakfast in bed
- Sit comfortably
- Stretching is good for you
- Keep fit
- Walk everywhere
- Let’s dance!
- Stub it out!
- You don’t need alcohol to have a good time
- Stay safe
- Take it easy!
- Declutter your life
- Keep things simple
- Live in the present
- Meet new people
- Snuggle up to a furry friend
- Watch less TV
- Go offline
- Learn a new skill
- Art is magic!
- A tattoo? WOW, how permanent!!
WALTHAMSTOW BUNNY @ THE E17 ART TRAIL
30 May – 14 June 2015
This year’s theme is “Storytelling”
Hop along to the Vestry House Museum for the Walthamstow Bunny‘s exhibition! Learn to draw it, make a cut-out and write a story. And don’t forget to follow Walthamstow Bunny’s trail in the Museum’s beautiful garden. Free art activities for children, plus the chance to win a fabulous Walthamstow Bunny goody bag for the best story.
Walthamstow Bunny is also popping up at The Mill, Walthamstow Library, Higham Hill Library, The Hornbeam and Central Estate Agents. It is created by Art Rabbit, a non-profit arts and education organisation based in Walthamstow.
- Vestry House Museum, 11 Vestry Road, London E17 9NH, tel. 020 8496 4391, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.facebook.com/VestryHouse. Open Wed-Sun 10am-5pm.
- The Mill, 7-11 Coppermill Lane, London E17 7HA, tel. 020 8521 3211, email@example.com, http://www.themill-coppermill.org. Open Tues-Thu 10am-7pm, Fri-Sat 10am-6pm and Sun 11am-2pm.
- Walthamstow Library, High Street, London E17 7JN, tel. 020 8496 3189. Open Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-6pm and Sun 10am-4pm.
- Higham Hill Library, North Countess Road, London E17 5HS, tel. 020 8496 3000. Open Mon, Thu and Fri 10am-6pm and Sat 10am-4pm.
- The Hornbeam, 458 Hoe Street, London E17 9AH, tel. 020 8558 6880, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.hornbeam.org.uk. Open Tue-Sun 10am-5pm.
- Central Estate Agents, 179 Hoe Street, London E17 3AP, tel. 020 8520 0033, email@example.com, http://www.central-estates.co.uk. Open Mon-Thu 9am-7pm, Fri 9am-6pm and Sat 9.30am-5pm.
A big thank you to Tesco, Sainsbury’s, WHSmith, Jackson’s Art Supplies and especially to Central Estate Agents for sponsoring Walthamstow Bunny’s neon sign by God’s Own Junkyard – http://www.godsownjunkyard.co.uk.
Walthamstow Bunny @ Central Library
Walthamstow Bunny @ the Vestry House Museum
Vestry House Museum’s Garden
Walthamstow Bunny shadows on the Museum’s floor
Walthamstow Bunny @ Higham Hill Library
Walthamstow Bunny @ The Mill
Walthamstow Bunny @ Central Estate Agents
Walthamstow Bunny @ The Hornbeam
Preparing the felt bunnies for Walthamstow Central Library
Believe it or not, the main inspiration for Walthamstow Bunny was Suede’s lead singer Brett Anderson. Suede are Art Rabbit’s favourite band and while watching their DVD we loved the way Brett moved so much, we started sketching him – as a rabbit! We named it Brett the Bunny and later its silhouette became Walthamstow Bunny.
We’ve made Walthamstow Bunny in all kinds of materials, from card to felt, wool, neon and plywood. We’re also working on some outfits for future colour illustrations.
Walthamstow Bunny loves E17, especially the green spaces, the Village, old buildings, museums and the creative community. He supports the arts, local shops, healthy eating and caring for the environment. He’d like to become Walthamstow’s mascot!